Today I came home from work with an overwhelming urge to call an individual who had aggreed to help one of my children. This child has been silently struggling.
I had done all I can to fix the struggle, but it was beyond my abilities. I reached out to several people and organizations for ideas on what to try next. I was exploring several options and avenues hoping to find something that would work. During one of those calls a glimmer of a path appeared.
I have often felt the influence of the Holy Ghost in the way I felt it that day last week. For me that influence is like going to the eye doctor. There I sit, peering through the optics trying to make out something as the optician says, "Is one clearer, or two?" Blurry images swim in front of my eyes, until a quiet click opens a clear view and I say, "That one is the one."
Talking with a helpful advisor last week, a person was mentioned, and I thought, "There. She is the one."
So on Monday, I called her and left a message. And waited. And waited. And got distracted by other issues and other children. Today as I drove home I felt a need to call right now. So I came in the house and checked my messages. Nothing.
I got distracted by the things that always distract me when I get home from work, but the urge was still there. So I looked for the number, which fortuitously was right on my bedside table, and Ms. V answered. She was so gracious and kind and willing to help.
I hung up grateful to her and grateful to a loving Heavenly Father who was mindful of my family's need and sent much help this week from many directions, but most especially remembered this important need and sent promptings at the perfect time to remind me to make a call for my child.
I'm so glad. I love the way the Lord puts the right people in our paths.
ReplyDeleteYou've been on my mind a lot lately.
Love you! You are a great Mom.