Monday, November 28, 2011

The Gratitude Challenge

The December 2011 New Era posted a challenge and I love challenges.

It says, "We always talk about counting our blessings -- let's do it! Write a list of 100 things you are thankful for. Some might think that is too many. If that is the case, try this:"

10 living people I am grateful for --
My mom
My dad
My husband
My son - D
My daughter - M
My son - E
My son - C
My son - B
My friend (pick one)
Jesus

10 dead people I am grateful for --
My grandma
My grandpa
My other grandma
My other grandpa
My cousin
Thomas Edison
Whoever invented gas heat
Esther
Mary
Joseph Smith

10 physical abilities I am grateful for --
Seeing
Hearing
Walking
Talking
Reading
Touching
Singing
Sleeping
Working
Sitting

10 material possessions I am grateful for --
Books
House
Car
Money
Computers
Dishwashers
Washing Machines
Dryers
Refrigerators
Stoves

10 things in nature I am grateful for --
Flowers
Mountains
Clouds
Blue Skies
Sunsets
The sun
Water
Dirt
Trees
Fields

10 things I am grateful for today --
A warm house
Christmas decoration
My children playing together cheerfully
My husband kissing me goodbye and hello
Knowing what dinner is going to be
Having plans with friends
An enjoyable job with a good friend
Public schools with good teachers
Email
A good book

10 places on earth I am grateful for--
Boise
Houston
Logan
Rock Springs
Salt Lake City
Beaumont
Chicago
Midland
Meridian
Seattle

10 modern day inventions I am grateful for--
Electric lights
Gas heat
Internet
Telephones
Cell phones
Printing presses
Toaster ovens
Microwaves
Blow dryers
Indoor plumbing
Sprinkler systems

10 foods I am grateful for--
Pizza
Parmesan cheese
Chocolate
Grapes
Raspberries
Nuts
Oatmeal
Peanut Butter
Avocados
Caramel
Bread

10 teachings of the gospel that I am grateful for--
The Atonement
The plan of salvation
The sealing powers of the priesthood
Prayer
Fasting
Gratitude
The nobility of children of God
The chance to learn line upon line
God's Love
The Book of Mormon
The worth of Enduring well

I could go on...

1 comment:

  1. Wow. It really is easy to come up with 100 right off the bat. You made me think.

    ReplyDelete