Saturday, January 12, 2013

A New Year = Progression

Last year I wrote that my goal was to be more mindful.

By that I believe I meant more mentally and emotionally present in the happenings of my daily life. Paying more attention to the people and steeping in the moments.

In many ways I achieved that, but something else also occurred along the way. Somewhere, some how, I let go of needing control. Needing perfection. Needing to hold myself to the vision of my day.

Some how in the process of becoming more involved and mindful, I became more aware. More conscious of the needs of myself and others. Less worried about the task and its completion.

I started better listening to the quiet promptings and following them instead of my daily agenda.

I also gave up procrastinating due to worry over doing things perfectly. I didn't have the time to plan the project from every angle. I thought it through once, if I could, and then did it. (Except for that whole thing with the Ag license for the poinsettias. I'm sorry to those who had to live through me worrying that to death.)

It has been a good year. I rid myself of some tasks and habits that weighed me down. I lost a few pounds too. I took on more responsibilities in many parts of my life, but gave up need to be perfect in others, thereby accomplishing more. Granted it wasn't always as pretty as it used to be, but it worked just as well. I also got much better at calling anyone and everyone who might be able to help me accomplish the tasks.

I grew and that is all that really matters in the end.

So this year's goal --

Press forward steadfastly and continue with mindful faith.

adjective
1. fixed in direction; steadily directed: a steadfast gaze.
2. firm in purpose, resolution, faith, attachment, etc., as a person: a steadfast friend.
3. unwavering, as resolution, faith, adherence, etc.
Though my house may be a disaster much of the time and my to do list never is done, I will continue to try and choose the better part daily. Though I may be slow at accomplishing some of my goals, I will continue to progress and always try to be present for the most vital parts of my life.
And if I must, I will go on that dang Pioneer Trek.
(I hope I don't.)

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing! I have heard your voice in my head all year reminding me to be more mindful. I'm adopting your goal.

    Love you!
    Jeri

    ReplyDelete