Sitting at the computer late at night, needing to work and wondering - Just why is it that I know the words to the
Up With People Theme Song? I have searched through my brain. I cannot find that piece of information. I can only find the lyrics: "Up with people. You meet them where ever you go." And something about a bus driver...
I can remember why I learned
Up Up and Away in my beautiful balloon. The Fifth Dimension. My father's Saturday morning oldies radio show. Besides it is a song about balloons, what kids wouldn't learn those lyrics?
I can remember
Upside Down Boy You Turn Me. Junior High School Dances and about the end of Diana Ross. I know it is disco and really 80's disco, but hey it was my childhood. Of course I didn't remember the part about the boy cheating. Seriously would not stand for that now. Not sure why my young teenage mind blocked that lyric out, but perhaps I have been losing pieces longer than I originally thought.
Any way I'm stumped. Maybe we sang it for some school/choir program. I sang a lot of songs back in junior high choir: Gonna Build a Mountain, Shenandoah, Fame, I Sing the Body Electric, Endless Love, Peggy Sue, Macarthur Park, and many others - I forget. We danced too. On risers. With microphones. In our black and white clothes. It was precious. Trust me.
No comments:
Post a Comment