Remember this post, the one in which I discuss wasting time mostly, but mention that I GOT A TABLET!!! It is nearly a year later and I still LOVE IT MORE THAN ALMOST ANYTHING, by the way.
It really is a lovely thing to lay in bed and read scriptures, then check the weather, email, facebook, goodreads, etc., all before 7 am.
But this morning as I was determining whether to send the boys off on their sixth TO LAST day of elementary school (really school should be year round for real), I realized that my tablet screen was a bit crusty. Crusty? You ask. How could a piece of glass be crusty?
Well do you remember not that long ago when little sticky fingered children constantly touched your stuff and your person? (Yes, I know some of you are still there.) Remember sometimes those finger prints were sticky and sometimes they, when left to dry, were crusty?
My tablet is crusty.
My tablet had the priviledge of participating in a cooking experiment last night. It involved cheese, garlic, tomato paste, an egg, and CAULIFLOWER. It was called gluten free pizza. It didn't taste much like pizza, but it looked like pizza and it tasted good. Kind of like a flat pierogi covered in pizza sauce and cheese.
Earlier in the day I'd been left a grocery list of mostly vegetables to purchase, written by the teenage girl who lives in my house. She is pretty talented. She has moved in the last few months from cooking only dessert to actually making food that is mostly frozen for her later use, but occasionally is shared with the rest of us. It is all quite healthy-like.
I got the groceries and then spent the rest of the evening driving around in circles as is my current custom. When I came home around 7:30 to stay, the house smelled of cooked brocolli and she was elbow deep in cheese and other white stuff which apparently included raw egg as I was excessively scolded for sticking my finger into a bowl of it and licking. (I haven't died yet, in case you wondered.)
I asked what she was making. She told me to wait and see.
Turns out, it was pizza, kind of. And now part of it is on my tablet screen, which I will soon go wash away, but with sadness in my heart as I know that in just over 24 hours that daughter will be home from middle school for the summer and into a million projects that all include MY TABLET!!!
I'm never going to get all my kindle/overdrive books read...
Whereas I am not very cool, think flip-phone, I have a touchpad. Which is kind of like a tablet. It doesn't really matter what I have, because I never get to use it. But when I do, it has about 3 minutes left before the battery dies. I can usually tell what the person who used it last was eating.
ReplyDeleteWow. I sound just like Eeyore.