Sunday, December 22, 2013

Traditions

I have been thinking about Christmas Traditions this morning.I saw a blog post from a friend about them and last week was talking to a coworker about them.

So what are our traditions I wondered?I can never remember because, having a personal adversion to allowing something stupid to be set in stone just because we did it last year, causes me grief in this area.

So here is the list I can come up with--

Sending (hopefully) funny Christmas letters.

Taking treats to the neighbors and a lot of other friends.

Making, in the earlier years, and buying, usually at Walmart lately, new pjs. (My ten year old actually asked in his Christmas list for no clothes except pjs.)

Planning a really delicious meal. This year with my daughter. My husband asked why we were spending so much time on it because the males didn't care as long as there was food, but I know, since I only cooked about three times last week and only one of those was a nice meal that they commented on. It is important to them too. Not in the same way, but a tradition in eating well as a family at the table.

Our menu this year:
Cheese Vegetable Soup
Homemade Rolls
Romaine Salad w/Pomegrant Seeds, Gorgonzola Crumbles, and Candied Pecans

Monkey Bread
Raspberry Butter Braid
Scrambled Eggs
Sausage and Bacon
Fresh Raspberry, Blueberry, and Grape Salad
Milk

Ham
Roasted Butternut Squash
Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes
Sauteed Brocolli w/ Garlic
Homemade Rolls

Participating in music in school concerts, recitals, and at church.
Here is a video from the high school choir concert Thursday night. Dreyton and Marleise sang. Marleise played it from memory. They astound me with their talent.

Reading the story of Christ's birth from the scriptures on Christmas Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment