My first job ever was babysitting the neighbor girls. Sometimes it was during the day. Sometimes at night.
Regardless of the time there was alwsys, Mikey.
Mikey was their dog.
Mikey was a mutt. He sort of looked all yellow with a tail like this--
Only his head and ears looked more like this--
He was a big dog. And he kept me company, laying beside me quietly into the night, while I waited for the parents to return. I liked Mikey. He was lazy, quiet, and calm. EXCEPT when he was left home alone. Then he was a scared of the dark, howling baby of a dog.
My dad, whose window was right next to Mikey's house didn't like when the neighbors left town.
I thought he was a great companion, even after I got another babysitting job at a house with another dog. That dog also seemed calm. And I was fine with him when he was laying quietly beside me at night. It was when he started walking around I got a little nervous.
He looked like this
And I was a little afraid he might do this




No comments:
Post a Comment