I planted it in an empty hole just in front of the air conditioning unit. Then left it to grow.
I'd never grown rhubarb before. I 'd never cooked with it either.
Last spring, I made Rhubarb Muffins for the first time. Oh yum.
It is Terese's LOW FAT version of the Taste of Home Recipe. They look like this.
They taste like heaven.
Here is the recipe:
RHUBARB NUT MUFFINS
1½ C all-purpose flour
¾ C packed brown sugar
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
2 Tbsp oil
¼ C applesauce
1 egg
½ C buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla
1 C diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
½ C chopped nuts (if desired)
TOPPING:
¼ C packed brown sugar
¼ C chopped nuts (I like pecans)
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Prepare muffin tin (grease).
2. Combine dry ingredients in large bowl.
3. Combine wet ingredients and add to dry, stirring just
until moistened.
4. Fold in rhubarb (and nuts, if using). Fill muffin tin
cups.
5. Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over muffins.
6. Bake for 13-18 minutes or til they test done.
Yield: About 12 muffins


No comments:
Post a Comment