'Tis the season of standardized test taking. As my children and I go off to work and school each day an alphabet of acronyms await our immediate future.
Many of them mean little in the grand scheme of life, but occasionally one with impact on college choices and opportunity rears it's head.
Last Wednesday that test was the SAT for my oldest child. Scores from that test will be part of what determines scholarship levels at his preferred college.
Due to this, we bought an SAT study guide to help him prepare.
The Week before the test he mentioned that he was only focusing on the math portion of the book. I thought this wise as he had received outstanding scores on the critical reading and writing portions of the PSAT.
But his rationale behind it was more ironic than practical. He said, "One of the major purposes of this study guide is to acclimate kids to taking tests. But I am a member of the No Child Left Behind generation. I know how to take a test!"
No comments:
Post a Comment